I have loved Pizza Hut’s Seafood Fettuccine for about 18 years now, I think! When I went back to the Philippines to continue my studies, every time I come back to Hong Kong, I will have Pizza Hut’s Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup and Seafood Fettuccine. Even if I could go to the mall and order that, I’d like to try replicating it at home; this is NOT exactly it but it was such a big hit with my husband that I would love to share it with you too.
This is a very quick pasta to make, really easy and still tastes so good even after 2 days! Very very cheesy – the way my husband likes it! For those who are not super fans of cheese, you could lessen the mozzarella before baking in the oven, don’t omit it, just lessen the amount. 🙂 Even I think it’s fabulous with mozzarella!
It all starts with preparing the ingredients and boiling your pasta.
When all the ingredients are ready, heat pan and add butter then sauté garlic then add seafood.
Set the seafood aside and make the sauce.
Add cream cheese and start whisking until it looks smooth, add 1/2 cup of milk then whisk and repeat until you have put in 2 cups of milk (yes, do it 3 more times! :)).
Mix in 2 cups of Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper and continue stirring until you reach the consistency you like.
Put back the seafood, stir and turn off the heat.
In a bowl, mix pasta and sauce and transfer to a baking dish then top with mozzarella. I really hope I grated the mozzarella…oh well! It’s still good! 🙂 Ohhh before I forget…I sprinkled some paprika because Seafood Fettuccine has some reddish stuff on it haha!
Bake at 200C until mozzarella has browned or melted, whichever you prefer. My husband preferred the browned mozzarella so I had to put back one of these for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Best served with garlic bread that I did not have! Boo! 😦
Cheesy and galicky Seafood Pasta
(Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes + 10 minutes (oven))
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- 1 big squid, sliced into rings
- 300g shrimp, shell removed
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (I used regular Philadelphia cream cheese)
- 2 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of paprika
- 500g pasta (I used Penne)
- Mozzarella, grated
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Boil pasta (and drain when cooked), reserve water just in case the sauce is too thick.
- Heat pan and add butter.
- Sauté minced garlic and add seafood, set aside when cooked.
- Chop cream cheese to smaller pieces, add to pan and whisk.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk then whisk cream cheese and milk mixture until smooth. Repeat until all 2 cups of milk has been poured into the pan.
- Add Parmesan cheese and mix.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put back seafood into the pan, mix and then turn off the heat.
- Mix pasta and sauce in a bowl then transfer to a baking dish. Top with paprika and mozzarella.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 200C or until mozzarella has melted/browned.
Makes 5 servings